On Thursday January 29th Health Access joined community members, partner organizations, and health advocates at a special taping by Univision on Obamacare and the President’s Executive Action on immigration.
The event was taped at the East Los Angeles College Main Auditorium and will air nationally on Sunday February 8th on the Univision Network and even featured Sergio Romo, Pitcher of the World Series winners San Francisco Giants along with other key policy and community organization officials.
Our Southern California Program Director, Nancy M. Gomez, was featured in a brief discussion of SB4 (the Health for All Act) as well as our County health care safety net.
The gathering was a great time to network and meet consumers who in the past have suffered hardships trying to access health care and who will now qualify for coverage not only from our Safety-Net, but through a possible expansion of Medi-Cal and California’s long standing regulations that extend Medi-Cal coverage using state-only funds to all “persons residing under the color of law (PRUCOLS) including the DACA Youth (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) and soon to be DAPA (Parents of Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents) recipients.
We hope you’ll join us on Sunday, February 8 at 5PM PST
Here are 3 ways you can help support the town hall: TUNE IN. Mark your calendar to watch the town hall broadcast on Univision on Sunday, February 8, and encourage your family and friends to do so as well.
FOLLOW CALIFORNIA ENDOWMENT’S LIVE TWEET. Check out #AccionEjecutiva, #Obamacare and #Health4All
SHARE YOUR STORY. Whether you have enrolled into coverage or remain uninsured due to reasons such as immigration status, we want to hear from you. Visit the Health Access “Share Your Story” page and allow us to use your story to highlight Health4All and other important Health Care/Safety-Net issues.
Audiences can also join the conversation and comment along with others on Facebook.com/UnivisionAsegurate; on Twitter via @UniAsegurate, @UniNoticias; and using #Obamacare and #AccionEjecutiva across social platforms.
Read the California Endowment’s on the Univision Special below:
On Sunday, February 8 at 5:00 PM (PT) Univision will broadcast a Town Hall to discuss the status of health care just a little over one year since full implementation of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) as well as the impact of the President’s Executive Action on immigration.
Hosted by Univision News anchor Arantxa Loizaga and KMEX Los Angeles news anchor Leon Krauze, the town hall meeting will address the Latino community’s most pressing questions and concerns including:
- How the ACA is faring so far; the role played by youth; the problems caused by the “Medicaid gap”; what happens to those who don’t sign up before the February 15 deadline.
- The importance of educating our community about the health care system and preventive health.
- What does the President’s executive action entail, when will it go into effect, who will benefit from it and who will be left out?
MAKE SURE TO TUNE IN Univision Town Hall on Health and Immigration “Obamacare, Executive Action, and Your Rights” Sunday, February 8, 2015 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM (PT)
A panel of distinguished guests will lead the discussion and answer questions from the studio audience:
- Cecilia Muñoz, White House Domestic Policy Director
- Mayra Alvarez, Director, State Exchange Group at CMS, Department of Health & Human Services
- Ezequiel Hernandez, Immigration Attorney, Hernandez Global
- Annette Raveneau, National Latino Press Secretary, Enroll America
- Yándary Zavala, Communications Project Manager, Voto Latino
- Sergio Romo, Pitcher, San Francisco Giants
- Dr. Laura Guerra-Cardus, Associate Director for the Texas office of the Children’s Defense Fund
- And a special appearance by our own Nancy M. Gomez, Health Access Southern California Program Director, discussing Health4All and County Safety Nets.