Stories bring substance, detail, and urgency to the health policy process
Has your health or coverage been affected by COVID-19? We want to hear from you! Share your story with us here!
Fill out this online questionnaire to share other health care stories about the following:
SURPRISE BILLS: You received a bill from an out-of-network health care provider (like a radiologist or anesthesiologist), even though you went to an in-network hospital, imaging center, or other health facility.
STILL UNINSURED: You do not have insurance coverage or Medi-Cal because you cannot afford the current options, and/or because of your immigration status.
AFFORDABILITY: You can’t afford or are having a hard time paying your monthly premium for health insurance. Your cost sharing (copays, deductibles, etc.) is too high.
NETWORK ADEQUACY or ACCURACY of PROVIDER DIRECTORIES
- You have found inaccuracies in your plan’s provider directory, for example the providers are no longer in business or they won’t take your plan.
- You cannot find a provider close to where you live.
- A listed provider is not accepting new patients or enrollees with your plan.
TIMELY ACCESS to CARE:
- You have to wait too long for an appointment for primary care
- You cannot see a specialist in time to treat a serious medical concern
- You have a complaint about your health insurance or your provider, but you are not sure how to file a complaint or need help with the complaint process.
- You already filed a complaint but have no idea what happened with it or are not satisfied with the response.
MEDI-CAL: As we celebrate the 50th anniversary of Medi-Cal, we are looking for stories of people who have benefited from Medi-Cal in any way.
ESTATE RECOVERY: you are over age 55 and have not or will not apply for Medi-Cal because of the current state policy (estate recovery). California is one of only ten states that impose estate recovery on more than long term care services, where the state, for those over 55, recovers the cost of all medical care from the estate of an individual after death. This has discouraged some from signing up for Medi-Cal coverage.
Your experience can help change our health care system for the better. This information will only be used by Health Access to contact you if necessary. It will not be published or shared with any other party without your permission.