Bills of Interest to Consumer Advocates
Health Access California sponsors, advocates for, and tracks legislation impacting health care consumers and implementation of the Affordable Care Act. Green=the bill is moving through the process. Red=the bill is stalled or postponed to next year. Check out our Bill Tracker (updated November 2015)…
Health Access Fact Sheets and Analysis
- Legislative Scorecard for the 2015 Session (Revised March 2016).
- Health Consumer Bills for the 2015 Session (November 2015). A Health Access California matrix of sponsored or co-sponsored, prioritized, supported bills. Check back for regular updates and links to helpful tools.
- AB533 (Bonta) Surprise Bills: No More ‘Gotcha’ Bills If Consumers Visit In-Network Facility. A Health Access fact sheet (October 2015).
- AB339 (Gordon) Health Care Coverage-Outpatient Drugs: Protecting Patients from Discriminatory Benefit Design.A Health Access fact sheet (October 2015).
- SB137 (E. Hernandez) Accurate Provider Directories – A CPEHN, Health Access, and Consumers Union fact sheet (March 2015).
- AB1305 (Bonta) Limitations on Cost Sharing: Family Coverage – a Health Access fact sheet (October 2015).
- AB248 Health Care Minimum Value (R. Hernández). A Health Access Fact Sheet (October 2015).
- Patient Protection Legislation to Limit Out-of-Pocket Costs & Stop Surprise Bills(July 2015). A Health Access Fact Sheet.
- Also visitour blogfor the latest on our legislative initiatives.
Sample Support Letters for Partners
SB4 “Health For All” Act (support letter by author-sponsor), posted 9/25/15.
- SB137 Accurate Provider Directories, posted 9/25/15.
- AB339 Prescription Drug Cost Sharing, posted 9/25/15.
- AB248 Minimum Value Coverage, posted 9/25/15.
- AB1305 Limitations on Cost Sharing in Family Coverage, posted 9/25/15.
To read the complete text of any bill, including amendments, please visit the California Legislature Bill Information website. Here you can lookup information by bill number, author, or keywords.