Ensuring Investments in Health Care and Health Reform Implementation
The state budget is a reflection of the state’s values and priorities. As such, it should include funding to ensure all Californians have access to quality, affordable health care. Governor Newsom’s proposed 2019-20 budget continues California’s commitment to health reform implementation and providing coverage to more Californians. But it still lacks important investments to make the system more equitable and affordable in a high-cost-of-living state like California. Health Access continues to fight to expand quality coverage that people can afford.
Health Access Budget Advocacy (2019-20)
- NEW FACT SHEET: Nearly a Million Californians to Get Health Care Cost Relief in 2019 – 2020 State Budget
- Health Access 2019 Budget Scorecard
- Blog: Newsom’s #CABudget May Revision Sets Up Further Health Care Negotiations with Legislature (May 09, 2019)
- Health Access 2019-20 Proposed Budget Letter (February 28, 2019)
- Blog: Governor Newsom’s First Budget Includes First-In-Nation Steps to Expand Medi-Cal, Lower Premiums for Californians (January 10, 2019)