Finance Coordinator– Sacramento, CA
Under the supervision of the Chief Operating Officer and in collaboration with the Finance and Operations Manager, the Finance Coordinator is responsible for performing a variety of financial and administrative duties. A Finance Coordinator will maintain accurate records and is required to always remain compliant with all laws and company policies. This means our Financial Coordinator will have high ethics, integrity and accountability. The position is based in Health Access’ Sacramento headquarters with the opportunity for hybrid work. There may be some travel in the state to various regional offices and events.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with the Finance and Operations Manager in efforts to maintain streamlined financial operations and administrative tasks
- Finance and grant management data entry
- Maintaining accounting data including credit card charges, bills, payroll, etc.
- Assist with yearly audits and 1099 preparations
- Reconcile bank and credit card accounts, PayPal, FSA and vacation accrual accounts
- Prepare and post receipts, deposits, invoices, refunds, journal entries and other standard bookkeeping tasks for Health Access and contract lobbyist
- Help manage accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Review and process reimbursements and credit card reconciliations
- Help prepare, track and reconcile ledgers and budgets
- Prepare and submit payroll
- Set up and manage vendors and customers.
- Identify and correct miscalculations and financial discrepancies
- Help problem-solve complex and accounting issues related to new gifts, grants, transactions, and fund discrepancies
- Support the financial aspects of all grants, contracts and reporting, including board reports
- Make recommendations for improving internal policies and systems in place
- Maintain the confidentiality of the Health Access’s financial business and other private information and records
- Stay current on and ensure compliance with applicable laws and reporting requirements related to Health Access’ finances
- Provide guidance and recommendations on best practices and systems improvements related to Health Access’ financial tracking and well-being
- Draft and/or review contracts, MOUs, and subgrants
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or similar (or equivalent work experience)
- 3-5 years of proven related work experience (preferably in the nonprofit field)
- Experience with grant budgets
- Solid technical and analytical skills in finance and general accounting
- Maintain current knowledge of IRS and state tax rules as it relates to non-profit organizations
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel and QuickBooks Online
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a changing environment
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new software and processes
- Self-motivated with strong organizational/prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgement
- Ability to keep calm in stressful situations
Language and Communication Skills:
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and participate in complex financial decision-making processes.
- Analytical approach to problem-solving.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Works well in a team environment and with upper management
- High level of critical thinking and logical analysis
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Always keeps the highest standard of compliance and confidentiality
- Support the organization’s goal of quality, affordable health care for all Californians.
- Have strong organizational skills, and ability to stay focused with attention to detail.
- Ability to meet multiple, shifting deadlines and priorities with nimbleness and flexibility while maintaining a perspective on long-term goals.
Compensation & Benefits:
The anticipated salary range is $65,000 – $75,000. However, depending on qualifications, a successful candidate can be hired above or below this range.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance with premiums 100% paid by Health Access
- Wi-Fi, phone, and parking reimbursement
- 401(k) retirement plan with 7% employer match
- 10 paid vacation days within the first year, 3 personal days, 12 days of sick time, and 13 paid holidays a year
- Hybrid work schedule with 3-4 days a week in the office
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud, as multiple telephone conversations and normal office equipment continue throughout the day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About Health Access:
A nonprofit organization dedicated to achieving quality, affordable health care for all Californians, Health Access is the state-wide health care consumer advocacy coalition of organizations representing seniors, children, people with disabilities, immigrants, communities of color, health care professionals, people of faith, labor, and working families. For over 30 years, Health Access has been a leader in the state’s health care reform movement, most recently as the lead coalition working to pass, implement, improve and defend the Affordable Care Act in California. Health Access was the leading sponsor of the California HMO Patient Bill of Rights, the Hospital Fair Pricing Act, coverage expansions including opening Medi-Cal to all income-eligible children, young adults and seniors regardless of immigration status, and best-in-nation consumer protections on timely access to care, surprise medical bills, and prescription drug prices.
Promoting diversity is integral to the mission of Health Access. Health Access seeks applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Health Access embraces equality of opportunity and treatment for all employees in all employment matters.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, contact information for three references to email@example.com When applying, please write “Finance Coordinator” in the subject line.