Federal Advocacy Resources for 2022
The federal Inflation Reduction Act is among the most significant health reforms since the Affordable Care Act. It will provide California seniors with relief from inflated prescription drug prices and capping costs in Medicare and preventing major premium spikes for enrollees in Covered California.
We thank all California Congressmembers that support this historic legislation. See below for more on the impact of this legislation for Californians and how you can use your voice to help uplift the importance of supporting lower health care costs.
Learn More and Take Action
Social Media Toolkit:
Additional Inflation Reduction Act Resources:
- Protect Our Care: California Factsheet
- KFF: How Would the Prescription Drug Provisions in the Senate Reconciliation Proposal Affect Medicare Beneficiaries?
- The Sacramento Bee: How ready is California to help if Congress kills Obamacare subsidies?
- The Los Angeles Times: Healthcare premiums to rise an average of 6% on California’s individual marketplace
- The Sacramento Bee: As Congress dawdles, a million Californians could see health insurance costs double
- The Fresno Bee: Some Fresno-area residents will face steep costs if health insurance subsidies expire
- The Sacramento Bee: Congress could give seniors a break on prescription drug costs. Here’s how the plan works.
- CBS8 San Diego: Health insurance premiums could increase if national inflation package isn’t passed, health experts say
- Public News Service: Vote Expected Friday in U.S. House on Inflation-Reduction Act