HEALTH ACCESS UPDATE
Wednesday, August 3rd, 2005
POSITIONS AVAILABLE AT HEALTH ACCESS
- Campaign Organizer for Prescription Drug Initiative, Oakland
- Regional Organizer to Staff Health Access’ Los Angeles Office
- Health Policy Coordinator on Medicare and Other Consumer Issues, Sacramento Office
*** Please distribute these job announcements widely for these positions working for a small, effective, high-profile, and energetic nonprofit organization, committeed to advancing the goal of quality, affordable health care for all Californians. ***
* Campaign Organizer, Oakland: Health Access California, the statewide health care consumer advocacy coalition. is seeking an organizer with experience to start ASAP through November 2005 on a campaign to win fair prescription drug prices for uninsured and underinsured Californians. Based in Oakland, the organizer would help coordinate media events, speakers bureau, and other grassroots activities for a camapign with national profile and impact. Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com.
Two permanent positions are also available at the Health Access Foundation, which is currently interviewing intelligent and experience applicants, but is still accepting applications. Full job descriptions are available at our website, at:
* Regional Organizer, Los Angeles: This Los Angeles-based regional organizer will coordinate coalitions, campaigns, actions, and events in the effort to defend and expand access to health care. This experienced organizer will staff our Los Angeles office, and coordinate our Southern California activities, to prevent severe state and federal budget cuts in Medi-Cal and other health programs, to expand health coverage to the uninsured, and to win consumer protections in the arenas of prescription drugs, HMO’s, hospital billing and out of pocket expenses. http://www.health-access.org/jobopps.htm#org
* Health Policy Coordinator, Sacramento: A new position, a health policy coordinator would track and analyze health care policy developments, to help coordinate advocacy activities in Sacramento, and to write fact sheets, summaries and reports for use by our coalition members. The position would have key responsibility to coordinate advocacy around the Medicare and prescription drug issues, but would also work on the dynamic Health Access agenda of expanding health coverage to the uninsured, preserving access to care against state and federal budget cuts, and winning key health care consumer protections.
Cover letters and resumes for all positions should be sent via E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org