The debate over ABx1 1 is being slugged out in today’s editorial pages:
In the anti-ABx1 1 corner, we have:
- The California Nurses Association with two op eds, one in the Sacramento Bee and one in the Mercury News, ruing
- The Foundation for Taxpayer and Consumer Rights in the Sacramento Bee, bemoaning the use of an individual mandate and continuing its crusade for rate caps.
In the pro-ABx1 1 corner, we have:
- The American Cancer Society in the Mercury News explaining how fewer people could die of cancer if they were insured
- Assembly Speaker Fabian Nunez rebuts arguments made by Sen. Sheila Kuehl in the LA times last week.
- Finally, the LA Times editorial board encourages the Senate Health Committee to pass ABx1 1
Health Access California promotes quality, affordable health care for all Californians.