Ensuring Investments in Health Care and Health Reform Implementation
The state budget is a reflection of the state’s values and priorities. As such, it should include funding to ensure all Californians have access to quality, affordable health care. Governor Brown’s proposed 2016-17 budget continues California’s commitment to health reform implementation and providing coverage to all children. Unfortunately, the proposed budget also maintains the recession-era cuts to health and human services programs. Health Access continues to fight to restore and invest in Medi-Cal and other critical health programs.
Health Access Budget Advocacy (2016-17)
- 2016 Budget Scorecard (updated June 10, 2016)
- Health Access Comments for Budget Conference Committee (June 1, 2016)
- Health Access Comments on Proposed 2016-17 Budget (March 3, 2016).
- Budget Scorecard 2016-17-Governor’s Proposed Budget (January 8, 2016).
- Blog: Legislature Holds Informational Hearing on MCO Tax (February 11, 2016).
- Blog: Initial #CABudget Reaction: No New Cuts with MCO Tax–But Recession-Era Health Cuts Continue (January 7, 2016).
- State of California E-Budget
- California Budget Project (www.cbp.org)
- Legislative Analyst’s Office
- Assembly Budget Committee
- Senate Budget Committee
- Department of Finance